We understand and appreciate that you are concerned about privacy, particularly in relation to the use and disclosure of Personal Information. We are committed to providing a high level of privacy in relation to all Personal Information that is collected by us.
- prospective or actual vendors, purchasers, landlords and tenants;
- prospective or actual suppliers;
- agents or independent contractors, any person who applies to become such an employee, agent or independent contractor;
- employees, except where the use or disclosure is directly related to the relationship between us as employer and you as the employee and relates to an "employee record" about you as a present or past employee.
- by communicating with us or by continuing to request our services, including but not limited to by attending our offices, attending an open for inspection, making enquiries via internet, email or phone;
- providing us with your contact details and consenting in writing for such details to be conveyed to a mortgage broker or financier;
- providing us with your contact details for such details to be conveyed to third party organisations that Vogl & Walpole Pty Ltd may engage to provide to our services;
- by visiting our website or participating in an online enquiry;
- by visiting any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, YouTube and Linked In ("Social Media Sites");
- by participating in any activity on a Social Media Site including but not limited to entering competitions, subscribing to our blog, posting, pinning or uploading any material on any Social Media Site, following, liking and/or commenting on us or anything on any Social Media Site ("Social Media Activity").
What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this Statement, "Personal Information" is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not it is recorded in a material form. The types of Personal Information generally collected by us may differ, depending on whether you are or would like to become a Vogl & Walpole Pty Ltd vendor, purchaser, landlord, tenant, supplier, employee, agent or independent contractor of us.
Personal Information does not include an "employee record". An "employee record" is a record of personal information relating to the employment of the employee. This includes health information and personal information relating to the:
- engagement, training, disciplining of an employee;
- resignation or termination of an employee;
- terms and conditions of employment of an employee;
- employee's performance or conduct;
- hours of employment, salary or wages;
- personal and emergency contact details;
- employee's membership of professional or trade associations or trade union membership;
- employee's recreation, long service, sick, personal, maternity, paternity and other leave; and
- employee's taxation, banking and superannuation affairs.
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
Generally, the type of Personal Information collected by us includes your name, address, mobile number and e-mail address. If applicable, we may also require details of your company's ABN and/or ACN, financial information including bank account and credit card details, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, your employer and occupation details and title and mortgage details of any relevant property. We may be required to take images of the inside of your home via photos or video.
From our employees and/or prospective employees, we may also collect the following information: emergency contact details, qualifications, previous employment details, driver's licence numbers, medical and health information, passports, leave summaries, wages and salary information, date of birth, superannuation information, tax file numbers, where relevant visa and immigration information, information relating to performance and conduct.
From time to time, photos may be taken for marketing and promotional purposes which may include images from which individuals may be able to be identified.
Via Social Media Sites, we may be able to obtain other information about you which may itself constitute Personal Information or which, when combined with other information, is capable of identifying you, including photos, videos and any other information that you include on our Social Media Sites or sites linked to our Social Media Sites ("Other Sites"). The level of information to which we have access may depend on your privacy settings on such Other Sites.
In some circumstances, you may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances it is impracticable to do so because if you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you, we are likely to be unable to carry out the services requested by you.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
Personal Information may be collected as follows:
- when you make a general or specific telephone enquiry;
- when you engage us, or discuss engaging us to provide services or advice to you;
- when you negotiate with us in respect of purchasing or renting a property;
- when you provide your details to us at an "open for inspection" property or an auction;
- when we inspect a rental property or property for sale;
- when you provide to us or we collect your business card;
- when you visit our website, and complete an on-line enquiry or a form for the purpose of requesting and/or accessing certain services on our website;
- when you send an email to us;
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- through analysis of the Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
- any other collection of or incidental or directly or indirectly related to the services we may be able to provide to you.
We can obtain information through our website if you send an e-mail message and complete an online enquiry. When you look at our website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical purposes:
- your Internet protocol (IP) address;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you have accessed, and documents downloaded;
- the type of browser you were using.
Any such statistical analysis does not identify you.
Tracking technologies such as cookies may be used on our website to recognise a user’s browser each time that user visits our site and to track which pages the user visits whilst on our site and to push advertisements to your internet protocol address. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not personally identify the user. If you do not wish to receive any cookies you may set your browser to refuse them. However, your use of our website may be affected.
If you view the online webpage relating to any of our properties for lease or sale, you may enquire further about the property by manually completing an online enquiry form or by authenticating your details through your Facebook or LinkedIn account. If you choose to authenticate your details via your Facebook or LinkedIn account, we will be provided with the following information and/or Personal Information:
- Facebook or LinkedIn username;
- Email address;
- Phone Number; and
- Address (if you have provided Facebook or LinkedIn with these details).
If you ‘like’ or 'follow' us or a property via our Facebook or Linked In pages, we may be able to view your Facebook page, subject to your Facebook privacy settings.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Any Personal Information that we collect will be used by us to enable us to provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions as professional real estate agents and for the following purposes:
- supplying our products and services to you;
- providing quality assurance for our services;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- monitoring the performance of our business;
- marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities, including advising you about investment opportunities and other matters that we believe may be of interest to you;
- enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- ensuring compliance with our statutory obligations;
- conducting appropriate credit checks; and
- referral to a mortgage broker or financier, subject to express consent.
How do we disclose your Personal Information?
We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
You specifically authorise us to use and disclose your Personal Information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- of or incidental to promotion and marketing to you of our services or those of our business partners or affiliates, including but not limited to advising you about investment opportunities and other matters that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to media organisations, including on the internet, to potential buyers or to existing or potential clients, to property inspection consultants, property valuers, business valuers, to owners’ corporations, to government and statutory bodies, financial institutions or financial products and services providers;
- to the vendor of a property where you are a purchaser or a prospective purchaser;
- to other real estate agents or other third parties if required by a landlord or a landlord's financier or legal representative, for the purpose of appraising or valuing a property;
- to potential tenants, to trades people and to other persons to whom we outsource functions of or incidental to acting for a landlord;
- to the general public when advertising or marketing your rental property (or your home if you are our tenant) including internet advertising or marketing, for the purposes of re-leasing or selling the property;
- to the landlord, referees, the relevant Bond Authority, other agents and third party operators of tenancy reference databases including where a tenant has failed to comply with any contractual obligations specified in the relevant tenancy agreement and to other sources necessary to identify and evaluate a potential tenant;
- to lending institutions, financiers & creditors;
- to third party consultants who may from time to time manage our database or computer system;
- of or incidental to a sale of all or part of our business to a third party;
- as required by law, including where requested by police; and
- any other disclosure of or incidental to our carrying out our functions as professional real estate agents.
Disclosure of your Personal Information via Social Media Sites
By engaging in any Social Media Activity on our Social Media Sites, you agree to and are subject to the terms and conditions of such Social Media Sites. Any Personal Information pinned or posted or uploaded by you onto Social Media Sites can be disclosed in accordance with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such Social Media Sites.
Generally, photos and other material pinned or posted to Social Media Sites will be able to be viewed by the general public. Such photos and other material may be re-pinned and re-posted by others indefinitely and will be visible by anyone visiting the locations to which the photos or other material have been re-pinned. You may be able to remove the photos or other material that you have pinned or posted from the location at which you pinned or posted it. However, any material that has been re-pinned will be out of our control and neither you nor we will be able to remove it from any re-pinned location. We are not responsible for any material that has been re-pinned or re-posted.
We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
Cross Border Disclosure
We do not actively disclose your Personal Information overseas unless it is required for us to provide our services. However, some programs, software, online tools, or Social Media Sites used by us, may be based in and/or housed overseas. Our use of such products may involve disclosure of your Personal Information to such organisations overseas. Use and disclosure of your Personal Information by such overseas organisations is in accordance with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such organisations.
If you consent to disclosure of some of your Personal Information in this manner, we are not required to take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that such organisations do not breach the APPs in relation to the disclosed information. Having been informed of the possibility that such disclosure may occur, you consent to that disclosure by undertaking or continuing to undertake the type of activities indicating your consent, as specified above.
You acknowledge that where we reasonably determine it to be appropriate, we may add some of your Personal Information including your name, address, phone numbers, facsimile number and email address to our databases or databases of our related companies. The databases will be used for ongoing marketing and sales related purposes or to advise you of the other services we, or our business partners or affiliates can offer.
The type of marketing and sales activities that we undertake includes sending material to you so that you are kept updated in relation to various property related issues or other services that we can offer you.
In each direct marketing communication that you receive from us, we will attach prominent and simple instructions on how you can immediately unsubscribe from our mailing list. In any event, you can opt out from receiving direct marketing material by emailing or calling our Privacy Officer asking to be removed from the mailing list. There is no fee for such deletion.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable steps to protect this Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- ensuring the physical security of our premises and databases/records;
- restricting access to personnel who need that information in order for us to be able to provide our products and services; and
- industry standard technological measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up, anti-virus software and firewalls.
Please note that our website does not provide systems for secure transmission of Personal Information across the internet, except where otherwise indicated. When emailing or providing Personal Information to us via our website, please be aware that there are risks involved in transmitting such information across the Internet.
Our website contains links to other websites. We have no control over the privacy practices employed at other websites and we accept no responsibility for Personal Information provided via unsecured websites.
We cannot provide any guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the Internet.
Access to Your Personal Information
There is a Privacy Officer at our office. Our Privacy Officer will ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date and relevant to the purpose for which we are able to use your Personal Information.
We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information that is no longer required. However, we may be required by law to retain our files and file information which contain your Personal Information for up to seven years.
If you wish to amend your Personal Information because it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer. If we refuse to amend information we hold about you, we will let you know why.
When your Personal Information is amended, we will take reasonable steps to inform third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information, so that they can amend their records.
Changes to the Statement
If you believe that we have not complied with our obligations pursuant to the Act, or have a complaint about the use or disclosure of your Personal Information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for liaising with you and with the relevant agency staff to ensure that the issues you have raised are fully examined, and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.
We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of the agency, we will obtain your consent first.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Please provide as much detail as possible about the nature of your complaint including the outcome you would like in order to resolve the matter. We may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
What action will we take in response to your complaint?
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, the length of this time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint from us within approximately five business days. You will be given an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter, but we will endeavour to finalise the matter within 30 days.
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things that we decide to do include:
- Take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
- Provide you with additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it;
- Take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If we are still unable to resolve the matter, you may wish to escalate the matter to the Privacy Commissioner via an online privacy complaint form which can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
Vogl & Walpole Pty Ltd
p: (03) 8580 6200
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US
Overall I am extremely happy with the whole process and experience of buying my first unit that Karen and her team provided. Very friendly, prompt, knowledgable, open communication. Karen was great throughout and I would definitely recommend her as well as the company to everyone. Thanks again Karen!
30 May 2018
We were delighted with Karen Vogl as the agent who negotiated the purchase of our new home, as well as the sale of our former residence. At all times she was totally approachable, kept us fully informed on progress and she and her assistant Jess conducted our open for inspection times in a totally professional and friendly manner. We have been very happy with all her efforts on our behalf and would have no hesitation in recommending her and her firm to anyone contemplating buying or selling. Karen and the company Vogl/Walpole are just great.
06 Sep 2018
We could not be happier with the service we received from Donna. We originally brought our house and Donna was the sellers agent, we had such a great experience with her that we knew if ever we decided to sell the house we would go straight to Donna (which we did). We would highly recommend using voglwalpole!
07 Oct 2018
Karen is a pleasure to work with. She is very professional, and always keeping you informed.
12 Sep 2018
Donna's communication is by far the best.
Donna is by far and away the best real estate agent we've ever dealt with. Have Donna sell your home, you'll be glad you did.
We were thrilled with your professional service and the excellent result you got selling our home in Heathmont for us. It was a pleasure to deal with you, you made it a hassle free process for us.
Jenny and Mark,
Thank you so much for all the chats, help and advice that you have given us to help us find our new home which we just love.
Peter and Siobhan,
I would just like to thank you for the way you managed the sale of our home. After being there for 32 years we thought it would be a very traumatic experience but it all went very smoothly and the result you got for us was well above our expectations. You were open and honest with us and kept us informed the whole way which made making our decision to move on that much easier. Thanks again.
Anne and Jeff,
Many thanks to you and your team for the outstanding result you achieved for us in selling our Ringwood East home. Your friendliness, good communication skills and enthusiasm were most helpful and made the whole process that much easier. We would certainly recommend you to our family and friends.
Beryl and Allen,
Just a quick note of thanks to both Karen and Donna for your professionalism, dedication and outstanding work ethic. We were so delighted with the result you achieved for our home and wanted to acknowledge all the effort that went into it. We will certainly recommend you both to others.
Janine and Julian,
Thank you so much for selling my home in Ringwood East – you have been amazing. You were diligent, on the ball, helpful, friendly, efficient and kept us informed about every detail along the way. You made a stressful time in my life not so stressful at all. Thank you so much again.
We would just like to thank Donna, Karen and their team for their exceptional service and support in selling our house in Bayswater North. It is easy to panic during such a stressful time, but we always felt supported and listened to. We chose Donna because we met her along the way when we were buying and we liked her friendly and honest approach, and we wanted that for our buyers. Right down to Simon the photographer and Kathryn the copywriter the whole team has been great. Donna secured an exceptional result for the sale of our home and we have no hesitations in recommending Donna as the most outstanding real estate agent in the eastern suburbs. Jen and Linda Wendover Ave
Donna has been our agent on a number of houses. With the joint partnership between Donna & Karen – this is the only agents we would use when selling. Proactive, outstanding communication skills, friendly and approachable. Having an agent that buyers can engage with, trust and also develop a relationship with, is key for us when selling. Thanks so much again for the Croydon sale!
31 Aug 2018
Fantastic Agency - First Time Home Buyer - Best Experience
Donna & Karen made our first time home buyer experience a dream - from day one - when we stepped into the show-house they were just fantastic, engaging and gave all the right information we required. We never felt we were just a number as so many of the other agencies make you feel - they were personal - such a rare find these days. There response was same day and were never pushy. If I had to buy again - no questions asked - this is one agency I would go straight back to. All through the dealings until we received the keys to our home - this agency was top notch 5***** Thanks Donna & Karen
22 Aug 2018
Karen was warm and professional to deal with and we would happily work with her again the the future.
Buying a house is never simple! Karen has excellent knowledge and was prompt, transparent and professional with us. She also managed unforeseen problems proactively, communicated well with us and was quick to resolve issues as they arose. We appreciated working with such an honest agent.
Karen is extremely professional and worked tirelessly to achieve a great result for the sale of our house.
The process from start to finish was very smooth and Karen’s communication was excellent, keeping us informed every step of the way. I would happily recommend Karen as an agent for anyone wanting to sell their property.
I had been having a challenging time getting my head around the real game as a first home buyer until I met Donna and found my dream home
Donna immediately made me feel relaxed and informed without all the hard sell pressure. Nothing was too much trouble and I always felt at ease dealing with her. Highly recommended!
Professional, fair and honest
Excellent before and after sale service Donna helped us a lot with this purchase. I live in Perth and it is not easy for us to arrange building inspection etc. Donna made everything easy.
Tsui Yee, Ringwood
Outstanding service and great result.
I could not have been happier with Voglwalpole, Karen’s professionalism, expertise and service levels were well beyond the highest of expectations. Super impressed the entire experience and couldn’t recommend more highly.
Best agent around , could not have done anymore for us.
Really knows her stuff and was spot on with all her advise to us. She took all the stress out of the sale and made it so easy for us. We cannot thank you enough Donna.
Robert, Ferntree Gully
VoglWalpole - Not Just an Agent
Both Donna Walpole and Karen Vogl are experienced and capable professionals who provided us with an “exemplary client-focused real estate service”, true to the philosophy outlined on their Voglwalpole website.